Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Frontier Barn work in progress

The Frontier Barn is my next paper model project. There's a jutting hayloft hatch on the north wall, a room extension on the south wall, and a cupola. I got the idea for this barn from a couple that I'd seen here in Oregon, my new home. It's a composite of two particular barns, both around the little town of Bellfountain. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either.

Here's a peek at the texture work in progress.


The next step is to hit the whole thing with some Dodge and Burn in Photoshop, which will give some nice shading effects. I also need to work on the ground textures, some moss for the rooftops (I'm going to try to make the moss as realistic as possible, using an all-new technique) and snow layers. That should let this work as a companion model to the Frontier House and Frontier House Winter Edition. Color options will be the two shades you see here, rough gray and brown. Door and window positions will be on their own layers so you can customize those access points. It doesn't really look like it, but there will be a lot of layers on these PDFs...

At the rate things are going, this set will be available by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment